Sunday, March 22, 2009

Most amazing day ever :-)

so I've had a pretty amazingly ridiculous 24 hours. Last night I came home from work and took a little nap before heading to Los Feliz to meet Phil for dinner and drinks. After a little confusion we ended up at this little Italian place. Good conversation, good friends, good bread. Then we thought we'd go to a bar. We walked although way to a bar and it was closed... so we starting walking to another on and I happen to mention that I like dive bars. So, Phil changes the plans on us and takes us to Ye Rustic Inn, and there happen to be a booth open in the back- sweet. So we sit down and Jackie says- I'm not drinking. Then Mel says- I'm not drinking, and I say I wasn't going to drink! Why the hell are we at a bar?? So we decide we'll stay and have one beer because we're already there and we might as well. Well a couple minutes later Mel decides she's going to go drink for drink with Phil. Long story short- Mel and Phil are drunk and Jackie and I are not. While Mel and Phil are sharing there $9.00 Melonball I look over and say to Jackie- hey that guy kinda looks like Jack Bauer. Jackie tilts her head and says yea he does. Then I realize that IS Jack Bauer!! Keifer Sutherland was sitting ten feet away from me! TEN FEET! And he was drunk. Two girls try to sit down and talk to him and he is NOT happy about that. Probably because he's drunk and has issues with Alcohol. As we're leaving at last call we hear him order a triple- bad news, haha. We were all in such shock. That was probably my biggest celebrity sighting since I've been here.

So we get home chat for a little and then go to bed. I set my alarm and get up at 9 to watch the SU/Arizona game. As I was watching the game Melanie was in the kitchen whipping up some AMAZING breakfast- eggs, pancakes, turkey bacon, toast it was amazing. Then- SU won the game! Sweet 16 babydolls. YAYAYAY! So, quick recap- Jack Bauer, breakfast, and SU winners. So now it's noon and we have all day left! So exciting.

So Mel and I decide to go hit up Venice beach and see what it's about. It's hard to explain. First off, it was a little chilly today and apparently very windy. We got there and it was like we were walking in a cyclone. There were people everywhere who looked like they enjoy the reefer and then there were the tourists. I think I would consider it a trashier place than Wildwood if you can believe it. I can only imagine what it would be like when the weather's nice. We couldn't even walk on the beach because it was a sandstorm of wind. We had sand in our ears and hair and it was amazingly ridiculous. We couldn't stop laughing. Mel went into every smoke shop so she could compare prices, haha. After we walked the strip for awhile we decided we had enough. Especially after some guy was trying to sell pit bull puppies off the street : ( Made me very sad.

So, we're about a block from the car when Mr. Dennis Jacobs calls Mel and says he needs girls to play dodgeball NOW. So we put the intersection into the GPS and are on our way. We got there and wondered around until we realized that dodgeball would be played inside. We walked into the most intense games of dodgeball I had ever seen. The guys that we know were all shirtless and yelling commands and stratagizing. It was intense. Brought back bad memories of crutches and broken ankles for me... haha. So we congratulated the boys on games well played. I guess next weekend are the playoffs. Mel wants to play- I'd cheer her on. We came home watched a little tv, took the dog for a walk and here I am. It's been the most random day but I was smiling all day. This was probably one of the BEST days I've had in a long time. I was happy for an extended period of time. Truly happy. I haven't felt truly happy since everything happened in June. Granted it took this long, but I think it's a pretty amazing sign. It makes moving here make sense again. I've been stressed in the last weeks, but today makes all that seem irrelevant. I'm sad the day has to end, but it's back to work in the morning. Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment