Sunday, March 15, 2009

Finally

So, it's the moment you've all been waiting for... I'm finally updating my blog. Please hold your applause. Ugh, so much time has passed I'm not sure where I left off. We'll start on the employment front I guess. So, I'm currently employed by Dr. Sandy's Home Veterinary Care. Basically Dr. Sandy has a van and she goes to appointments throughout the San Fernando Valley. Right now I'm working in the "office" meaning her house. I have to take my shoes off when I get to work, so I wonder around barefoot. I really don't know how I feel about working for Dr. Sandy. I mean beggars can't be choosers, and when you move across the country with no job- you're a beggar. It just makes me sad because I don't get any interaction with the animals. I don't get to see and surgeries, I basically don't get any of the perks I had at CCVH. Don't get me wrong- I don't regret moving out here in the least. I think that this is something I needed, but I'm frustrated because I feel like I'm settling. I don't settle. It's not in me, yet here I am. The other problem is that Dr. Sandy loves me. She's so happy I've joined her "family" so far she's bought me a McFlurry and gave me a card and bought pizza and ice cream for us to eat on Friday. So, the fact that I'm interviewing at other places makes me feel a little guilty.... ok a lot guilty. But I keep telling myself that this is my LIFE, this is my FUTURE. I can't sacrafice that because I feel bad for someone I barely know. She was fine for 12 years without me- I think she'll be ok if I left. HOWEVER, to make matters more complicated she wants to start training me in the Van. So, I will be going out and seeing the animals. But I just don't know how much I'm going to learn from her. However, it's not like I have other options... It's all very emotionally draining. So I think this is going to be my plan- I'm only going to apply for jobs that are for assistants (except the one that I may have a working interview for on Wed.) and see what happens. I mean it's not like people are breaking down my door to give me a job. So that's the bottom line.

Anyway, the rest of my life is pretty fabulous. I love my roommates, I love my apartment, I love my neighborhood. I've been meeting some new people and hanging out with SU kids that I know but not very well. It's like an extended college. But instead of paying to work my ass off. I'm getting paid to exert less work. Pretty sweet. However, I would love to find a way to work more than one job... I would also love to know that I wasn't going to possibly switching jobs... ugh. Ok now I'm annoyed and I don't want to write anymore becuase it always comes back to work. Life is funny that way. Soooooo0- I know I promised pictures so here are some pictures of my room/loft. Enjoy.

My room is above the kitchen.

















I know I say this every time, but I'm really going to update this thing more ofter : )

No comments:

Post a Comment