Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wow it's been a while...

Ok, so the whole I'm going to try and update this thing more ofter is clearly not working out... A lot has happened since my last post. Let's see- Work is going pretty well. I'm technically Sr. Staff/ Hospital Manager even though I've only been there a month or so. The entire office aka the three people who work there (including me) are new. Really new. It's kind of intense but I'm in charge of inventory and orders and paying bills, so I think it's going to be good exposure. Plus I'm going to start riding in the van more consistently which means I'll have more interaction with the actual animals which makes me happy. Overtime is always a plus : )

So, now that work's been covered let me try and recap what's been going on socially... this could take a while. We'll start with celebrity sightings. We went to the midnight show of the Labyrinth at a little indie theatre and Drew Barrymore, Ellen Page, and the cousin from Arrested Development were there. They all seemed to be having a fabulous time. I also went hiking with my new friend Kelly. Kelly works at the Pizza place down the street and we were stopping in for dinner once a week and we got to know him that way and a friendship has developed. He also had Melanie and I over and made us this huge dinner- chicken, steak and fish. It was delish, and much appreciated- even if we didn't eat until 11 pm. Then yesterday we all went to the Angel City Theatre which is just a big screen on the top of a parking structure and they were playing The Wizard of Oz with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon dubbed over the sound. Lets just say the evening ended with me calling my mom at 4 AM EST and crying because I'm so irresponsible because I thought I lost my purse (which I did not by the way). Melanie moved it from the backseat and forgot to tell me while I was freaking out. . . ok she just forgot that she moved it.

We've also hit up a couple beaches in the area- I think I've already covered Venice in a previous post. We went to Marina Del Ray the other day as well. I've now been hiking in Malibu and Placareta Canyon. Melanie and I have also gone to a couple parks by our house. We tried to have a picnic and it was an epic fail. Not only was it way cold but we went to the nature center instead of the park and sat on a bench under the blanket while some little kid was having a birthday party. It was a little awkward and we felt a little like creepers.... little did we know the picnic area was down the road- live and learn. Oh! We saw a bobcat! ( Not really Mel just wants to tell people we did and took a blurry picture of a bobcat).

There's so much else to talk about but I'll end on BAMBOOZLE!!!! Oh my gosh it was the most fun I've had in a really long time. We got there a little late because traffic was really bad, but we managed to catch the end of Mercey's set. Then we found them afterwards to say hello. I even rode the carnival ride with the drummer, Mickey- haha. Almost lost Melanie's car keys in the process- that would have been a disaster. We totally rocked out all day and danced in the middle of crowds of people who were not dancing and sang along to songs we knew. We have a new favorite band now- Anarbor, look em up. But I have to say my favorite part was getting to see The Get Up Kids- I loved every single song they played. The boys behind us were way into it and flew all the way from Ohio to see them play. That's dedication. It made me feel like I was in high school again- and we all know how much I love that feeling. I really wished Jennie could have been there with me- it would have made my life complete. After a long day of dancing, singing, and drinking Fall Out Boy came on stage and we peaced outtt haha. It was seriously the most fun I've had in a really really long time. I'm so happy Melanie stopped being such a brat about going and committed- we were not disappointed. Melanie felt like such an asshole about being a brat because she had just as much fun as I did.

Love you and miss you all! Unless I don't know you and why are you reading my blog? Farewell from the West Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment